PEN-210: Foundational Wireless Network Attacks
Wireless Attacks (PEN-210) introduces learners to the skills needed to audit and secure wireless devices and is a foundational course alongside PEN-200 and benefits those who would like to gain more skills in network security. Learners will identify vulnerabilities in 802.11 networks and execute organized techniques and those who complete the course and pass the exam will earn the OffSec Wireless Professional (OSWP) certification.
- Be able to identify existing encryptions and vulnerabilities in 802.11 networks
- circumvent network security restrictions and recover the encryption keys in use
- The PEN-210 course prepares you for the OSWP certification
- 4-hour exam
- Learn more about the exam
This course is designed for information security professionals who want to learn wireless penetration testing. This includes:
- Security professionals and enthusiasts
- Network administrators
All learners are required to have:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model as well as familiarity with Linux.
- A modern laptop or desktop that can boot and run Kali Linux
- Specific Hardware is required to complete course exercises
How to Enroll
Access to all fundamental content for one year to prepare for our advanced courses.
One year of lab access to one OffSec course plus two exam attempts.
Unlimited OffSec Learning Library access plus unlimited exam attempts for one year.
Financing is now available through Climb Credit with as little as 0% APR and up to 36 monthly payments, excluding Learn Unlimited. Only available in the US, except IL. Learn more.
Once started, 90 day lab access cannot be paused
The course covers the following topics in detail. View the full syllabus.
- IEEE 802.11
- Wireless Networks
- Wi-Fi Encryption
- Linux Wireless Tools, Drivers, and Stacks
- Wireshark Essentials
- Frames and Network Interaction
- Aircrack-ng Essentials
- Cracking Authentication Hashes
- Attacking WPS Networks
- Rogue Access Points
- Attacking WPA Enterprise
- Attacking Captive Portals
- bettercap Essentials
- Kismet Essentials
- Determining Chipsets and Drivers
- Manual Network Connections
- Greater insight into wireless offensive security and expanded awareness of the need for real-world security solutions
- Using various wireless reconnaissance tools
- Implementing attacks against WPA Personal and Enterprise encrypted networks
- Understanding how to implement different rogue access point attacks
- Implementing attacks against Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) networks
- Using various tools to crack authentication hashes
- Implementing attacks against Captive Portals
- 3.5 hours of instructional course video
- 380-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to home lab setup
Below is the recommended compatible hardware for your home labs:
Recommended Wireless Network Routers
- NETGEAR AC1000 (R6080)
- Linksys WiFi 5 Router Dual-Band AC1200 (E5400)
Recommended Wireless Cards
- Alfa AWUS036NHA
- For wireless card compatibility, please refer to the Aircrack-ng wiki